Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Joined on August, 2014
Weekdays at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationAmerican Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Washington DC, USA
Certification: MOPI Professional Development – July, 2011 (“Startalk”)
State Educational Institution for Higher Professional Education
People’s Friendship University of Russia
Certification: Teaching Intermediate and Advance levels in Russian Language – 2010
Institute of Russian Language
Certification: Modern Technology in Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language – 2010
Defense Language Institute, Foreign language Center
Certification: Teaching Speaking to ILR Level 2 – DLI-W – 2008
American Council for International Language Studies
Washington DC, USA
Certification: Prototype AP Russian Language and Culture Course and Examination; Education Administration of AP Russian Language – 2008
Moscow State Pedagogical Institute 1980 -1986
Master Degree in Teaching Russian Language, Speech Pathology and Therapy in Russian Language (GPA: 3.7) – 1986
ExperienceRussian Language Lecturer February 2011 to Present
Montgomery College – Rockville, Maryland
• Developed course plans to meet academic, intellectual and social needs of students.
• Earned consistent positive verbal/written feedback regarding classroom instruction, student learning progress and outcomes.
• Achieved strong results on Russian Language Final Test and Oral Proficiency Examination.
• Received an award “for exceptional achievement and service to the Department of World Languages and Philosophy and to students of Montgomery College” (May 2011).
Russian Language Lecturer February 2011 to July 2011
George Washington University – Washington DC, District of Columbia
• Developed learning materials according to the education curriculum of Department of Romance, German, and Slavic Languages and Literatures.
• Increased students’ Russian Language Proficiency test scores through focus on personal learning style.
• Designed lessons plans based on the recognized teaching technique – “Zone of proximate Development” (ZPD).
Russian Language Teacher March 2008 to February 2011
International Center for Language Studies – Washington DC, District of Columbia
• Created course plans to meet academic, intellectual and professional needs of private and state official students.
• Designed and implemented engaging interactive learning mediums to increase student understanding of advance course topics.
• Crafted learning materials according to students' skill levels and individual learning goals.
Russian Language Instructor August 2007 to April 2009
Specialized Language Training Center, Inc. – Silver Spring, MD
• Modified the general education curriculum for special-needs students based on a variety of instructional techniques.
• Developed and taught lessons on relevant books, poems, movies and themes to promote student interest and engagement.
• Developed and administered performance assessments.
Russian Language and Culture Teacher January 2007 to Current
Prototype AP Program and Examination
• Achieved score of 95th percentile on AP Russian Language Examination.
• Built lesson plans using age and skill level-appropriate material.
• Designed engaging course plans to meet academic, intellectual and social needs of high school students.
• Earned positive verbal/written feedback regarding classroom instruction, student learning progress and outcomes.
• Received an award “in appreciation for contributions made to the “Discover Russian Professional Development Program” (July, 2011 and July, 2012).
Russian Language, Literature and History Teacher September 2000 to July 2010
Russian School "Olympus" – Potomac, MD
• Developed lesson plans for students to increase skill level, engagement and interest in Russian language and learning.
• Leveraged variety of teaching techniques to encourage student critical thinking and discussion in 4th-10th grades History of Russia course.
• Taught Creative writing to a diverse class of 20 students.
• Received numerous high remarks for the creativity of classroom lesson plans and instructional techniques from students, parents and faculty.
• Routinely met with students' parents to discuss and resolve student performance issues and learning interruptions.
• Developed learning materials for AP Russian Exam training class.
Russian Language and Culture Instructor January 2007 to July 2008
Foreign Service Institute – Arlington, VA
• Designed lesson plans based on students’ professional demands and skill level.
• Consistently received positive teacher evaluations from students.
• Increased students’ Russian Language Proficiency test scores through customized instruction.
• Served on School Affiliation Board; reviewed and edited the institute's policies and rules.
Russian Language Instructor March 2002 to October 2003
Comprehensive Language Center – Arlington, VA
• Designed lesson plans based on students’ age, professional needs and skill level.
• Leveraged variety of teaching techniques to drive student proficiency in Russian language.
• Improved student participation through integration of creative role-playing exercises.
Russian Language Speech Senior Specialist September 1987 to April 1997
Moscow Speech Pathology Center – Moscow, Russia
• Introduced and implemented a reading program adopted countrywide.
• Designed lesson plans based on students’ age, speech challenges and skill level.
• Implemented reading and writing workshops to increase student literacy and support school reading programs.
HobbiesI've been playing piano since 1974.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.